Who is Connie Muther?
Connie Muther has been a teacher, subject coordinator, facilitator
and educational consultant for years. She became incorporated in 1983.
EDUCATIONAL PUBLICATIONS are too numerous to list. The major and most recent
- Author, My Monarch Journal, (Dawn 2000)
- Author, The Invisible Difference: What Makes Great Teachers Great -
and how to reveal and nurture greatness in each other? (in progress)
Conclusions are based upon more than 100 2-hour audio taped interviews of
great educators (students, teachers, administrators, successful entrepreneurs
- Author, How to Select the Best Motivational & Educational Resources:
An annotated Bibliography (Revised bi-annually 1993 - present)
- Author, Curriculum Decisions? Materials Selection? A Process for Decision-Making
(Revised annually 1983 - present)
- Author, How to Map Your Curriculum on the Wall, (1996- present)
A workshop manual
- Author, A Manual for Your life, A workshop manual (Revised monthly
1992 - 96)
- Author/editor, Networking News (1988 - 1993) An international
newsletter published six times per year
- Co-Author, Successful Schools Guidebook to Effective Educational Leadership
, Sage, 1992.
- Columnist for Educational Leadership from 1984 - 1988
- Creator, author and lecturer on the videotape "Pitfalls of Textbook Adoption
and How to Avoid Them in Your District" published by the Association for
Supervision and Curriculum Development
ODYSSEY ON WHEELS, a BOOK in progress
Describes different schools and cultures. (Between September 1969 and June
1970, I traveled the United States as a substitute teacher working FREE
OF CHARGE for two weeks in exchange for board and room with local families.
Although ten schools were visited, this book focuses on four: a FEDERALLY-FUNDED
public school, a wealthy PRIVATE school, a TWO-ROOM school in Appalachia,
and a CHIPPEWA INDIAN reservation school.)
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS are too numerous to list (10-20 given annually).
- Phi Delta Kappa Institutes (1-6 annually 1988 - present)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development Institutes and
Conventions (1984 - present)
- Presenter at regional conferences for the subject area associations in
most every subject (1978 - present)
- National Council of Teachers of English National Convention (1986, 1989)
- National Academy for School Executives: Institute (1987)
- Keynote addresses and workshops at numerous non-education organizations